Monday, September 17, 2012

Kay Falls


September 1st, 2012
 
I couldn't help myself on my vacation to BC, I needed to capture at least one waterfall from the roadside.  The luxury that is British Columbia, of having a much more hill and mountain terrain, which in turn brings more opportunities for waterfalls.  When traveling the main highways I would recognize a great deal of waterfalls.  Even simply when passing a car or turning in another lane I would recognize a waterfall in my blind spot.  After about the 10 or 11th time of bypassing waterfalls I decided it was time to get out and capture this magnificent one.



Right off the roadside on the way to Enchanted Forest, BC and right around the Crazy Creek area you can find this lovely waterfall.  On this day I was being rained on and had hoped that my camera & I would function as the rain did not make for easy picture taking, much less travels.

This waterfall is seen from the road, however there is a little 1-2km walk to get to the foot of the falls.  This short walk on my rainy day seemed like a rain forest, in that it wasn't a well beaten trail.  On the walk you'll be stepping on large rocks, which were slippery as the leafy greenery around was dark and dripping water, the leaves were bowing their necks due to the weight of the rain.

Standing at the foot of the falls there was a good deal of splash occurring from the mist of the waterfall, which may not be as powerful on a sunny day, but should still provide a great deal of mist.

My GPS coordinates may be a little off, however I believe that you will easily recognize this waterfall amongst the trees.  Also what's important to note is that there are a few "pull over" spots or break/turnaround areas that you can pull over to park your car.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment